PLEASE READ THESE PAYMENT TERMS CAREFULLY
BEFORE BUYING GREEN DOG PRODUCTS
GREEN DOG PAYMENT TERMS
Last Updated: April 1, 2018
Please read these “Payment Terms” carefully before you agree to make a payment to Green Dog for its products. To make a payment, you must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. If you do not agree to these Payment Terms, please do not make a payment to Green Dog. Hereinafter, Green Dog’s products available for sale to you shall be referred to as the “Offerings.”
Should you agree to purchase any Offerings, you agree to allow us to share information that you provide with various third-party payment processors that we use to process your payment.
- Funding and spending. When you make a purchase using the Green Dog website, you agree to provide a valid funding means such as, for example, a debit arrangement through a bank, a credit card payment, PayPal or the like. The Offerings will be made available to you once you have paid for them.
- Pricing. Please pay attention to the details of each transaction because your total purchase price may include taxes, fees and shipping costs, all of which you are responsible for funding.
- Extra terms. You may be presented with additional terms related to a specific purchase before confirmation of your transaction (such as shipping charges), or terms provided by a third-party through whom the Offerings are provided.
- Actual sale. You may only use the Green Dog website to process a funding transaction for a legitimate, bona fide purchase of Offerings. You may not use the Green Dog website to fund a transaction or otherwise transfer electronic value that is not in conjunction with a purchase.
- Person-to-Person Transfer. On occasion, you may acquire Offerings through the Green Dog website from third-parties. If so, you consent to the following risks and terms:
- Green Dog may require that you provide more information to complete a transaction.
- Green Dog may reverse or place a hold on your transaction or place a reserve on your funds if evidence of unauthorized or illegal business, commercial or merchant use is discovered.
- If you acquire Offerings through a third-party, you are liable to Green Dog or the third-party, as applicable, for payment and fees that may result from payment invalidation including, without limitation, insufficient funds or payment reversal. You agree to allow us or the third-party, as applicable, to recover amounts due by debiting from your payment source (i.e., bank account, prepaid debit or credit card, credit card, etc.). If your payment source has insufficient funds to cover the amount owed, Green Dog and/or the third-party vendor reserve the right to charge your funding instrument (i.e., bank account, prepaid debit or credit card, credit card, etc.) or take any other legal action to collect the funds to the fullest extent allowed by applicable law. For purposes of clarity, Green Dog serves as a mere conduit of Offerings that you acquire through third-parties. Green Dog is not responsible nor liable for the Offerings provided by third-parties, even if Green Dog has granted such parties the right to sell their website.
- The acquisition of Offerings from third parties may subject you to fees including, without limitation, reversal charges or fees for insufficient funds if your attempted payment is rejected.
- No Warranties. You acknowledge that the Offerings that you purchase from a third-party vendor are sold by the third-party, and not by Green Dog. GREEN DOG MAKES NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SOLD BY THIRD-PARTIES THROUGH GREEN DOG.
- Shipping. Green Dog will ship the Offerings to you through FedEx Ground from its warehouse in Jacksonville, Florida to your location. You will pay Green Dog for shipping costs which will be added to your purchase order by Green Dog. You will pay for shipping by the funding instrument that you provide for your purchase of the Offerings.
- Funding Instruments. Green Dog wants to make your purchase convenient. It therefore offers to fund your transactions through different sources such as credit and debit cards and other payment methods.
- Authority. When you provide a funding instrument, you confirm that you are permitted to use that instrument. When you fund a transaction, you authorize Green Dog (and our designated payment processor) to charge the full amount that you designate for the transaction. You also authorize Green Dog to collect and store that funding instrument, along with other related transaction information. Your payment will be processed by a third-party payment processing company whose technology works seamlessly with that of Green Dog. You may be asked, in such instance, to agree to certain of terms required by the third-party.
- Authorization. If you pay by credit or debit card, Green Dog may obtain a pre-approval from the card issuer for an amount which may be as high as the full price of your purchase. Green Dog will bill your card at the time of your purchase. If you cancel a transaction before completion, this pre-approval may result in those funds not otherwise being immediately available to you.
- Failed Funding. If you fund a payment by debit card, and your load transaction results in an overdraft or other fee from your bank, you alone are responsible for that fee. Green Dog reserves the right to suspend your use of the Offerings if your payment is not processed.
- Mobile billing. Mobile operator billing (i.e., such as Apple Pay) is another payment method that Green Dog may allow at a future date for your convenience. If you use mobile billing as a funding instrument, you consent to the following applicable risks and other terms:
- By choosing the mobile billing payment method, you agree that Green Dog and your mobile operator may exchange information about you to facilitate completion or reversal of payments, resolution of disputes, provision of customer support or other billing-related activity.
- You are responsible for any charges, fees, changes to your mobile plan service or billing, alterations to your mobile device, or any other consequences that may arise out of your use of mobile billing.
- If you use mobile billing, you are bound by these Payment Terms and the terms and conditions of your mobile operator.
- If you have questions about any charges or fees that appear on your mobile phone bill, please contact your mobile provider.
- Sometimes, the use of mobile billing in a funding transaction may lead to charges that cannot be refunded to you. In these cases, we have the right, but not the obligation, to issue you a courtesy credit to your electronic value balance.
- Communication. If you have a dispute, please communicate it in writing to Green Dog under the notice provisions hereof. Notwithstanding, please remember that Green Dog makes no representations or warranties regarding the Offerings. Your communication must be communicated through the Green Dog website and in sufficient detail as set-forth below. Green Dog will consider your dispute and respond as soon as possible.
- Duty to notify Green Dog. If you believe that an unauthorized or otherwise problematic transaction has taken place under your account, you agree to notify Green Dog immediately so that it may take action to prevent financial loss. Unless you submit the claim to Green Dog within 30 days after the charge, you will have waived all claims against Green Dog arising out of or otherwise related to the transaction.
- Technical difficulties. If you experience a technical failure or interruption of service that causes your funding transaction to fail, you may request that your transaction be completed at a later time but Green Dog is under no obligation to sell the Offerings to you at a later date on the same terms.
Notices and Amendments to These Terms
- Notice to you. By acquiring the Offerings, you agree that Green Dog or the third-party seller may communicate with you regarding any important information regarding your purchases or your account. Green Dog may also provide notices to you by posting them on the Green Dog website or by sending them to an email or street address that you previously provided to Green Dog. The Green Dog email notices shall be considered received by you within 24 hours of the time posted or sent; and notices by postal mail shall be considered received within five (5) business days of the time sent.
- Notice to Green Dog. Except as otherwise stated, you must send notices to Green Dog relating to these Payment Terms by overnight courier to:
1936 Hollywood Blvd, Suite 200
Hollywood, FL. 33020
PHONE: (954) 239-4090
- Amendment guidelines. Green Dog may update these terms at any time without notice as it deems necessary to the extent permitted by law. The terms in place at the time you confirm a transaction will govern that transaction.
- Florida users. If you are a user of the Offerings and reside in the State of Florida, and you still have an unresolved complaint regarding them after first contacting Green Dog, please direct your inquiry to: Florida Office of Financial Regulation, 200 E. Gaines Street, Tallahassee, FL 32399-0376, or at 1-800-848-3792.
- Other States. Green Dog attempts to comply fully with the financial regulatory requirements of all 50 states. If you have an issue or concern regarding the Offerings and compliance with regulatory requirements in a state (other than Florida), please contact Green Dog with your questions, and/or contact the financial regulatory agency overseeing such matters in the state in which you reside.
2. Conflict of laws. If a sale occurs from outside the United States, some countries may restrict or prohibit your ability to make payments through the Green Dog website. Nothing in these terms should be read to override or circumvent any such foreign laws, if applicable.